It’s Thanksgiving so obligatory Thanksgiving post…
I’m grateful for a lot of things in my life.Most of all I’m grateful that a couple years ago I read A Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp and took her challenge to write down 1,000 things I was grateful. Doing this turned gratitude into a way of life, rather than just something we do in November or on Thanksgiving. As we approach the end of the month of thanks I encourage you to continue to look for the things you’re thankful for each day. In giving thanks we learn to see and accept the gifts God gives us each day. It enables us to see how He constantly pursues our hearts and chases after us.
In light of the day though, here are few of the things I’m thankful for:
- silence of being in the country
- good music, like Frank Sinatra
- Technology to keep in touch with good friends far from home
- Family who loves me unconditionally
- Friends who know not to talk to me before coffee 😉
- Jesus, and my Catholic faith
- Mary, and her constant intercession for us
- Covenant community
- the gift to go to school, even in a hard semester
- Conviction to be generous with my life
- women who know how to love me really well
- the the gift to be known
- support from friends + family in all that I do
- bible studies!
- coffee (because we all know it had to show up on this list)
- intense, tear-jerking laughter
- being able to see the inner workings of my friends dating relationships and the way the Lord uses relationship to bring forth His greater glory and our sanctification
Well, that’s all folks. Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy a day filled with good food + good people! Remember you are loved beyond measure!